Monday, April 18, 2005

Have you read...?

Here are some of my all-time favorite books. Have you read any of these? If so, what did you think? (leave me a "comment!")

GIRL MEETS GOD by Lauren Winner
The author's memoir about her conversion from Judaism to Christianity. A fascinating tale! I loved the friend-to-friend writing style, and the fact that Ms. Winner detailed both faiths. It was great to read such a book, and I wish there were other books like this out there, that give comparisons between Christianity and *other* faiths, too! It was a great, easy, fun way to learn about Judaism ... a faith I previously didn't know much about. Thanks, Lauren! :)

WRITER FERRETS: CHASING THE MUSE by Richard Bach
Danielle and Budgeron are two Ferrets that aim to be published authors. One finds success easily, the other struggles. I loved this book so much that I re-read it every year! It's terribly inspirational to an aspiring author like me, and I recommend it highly to anyone else seeking to become published! :)

THE MOON BELOW by Barbara Bickmore
Hallie Thomas travels from England to Australia to marry a man she'd met in childhood, but hasn't seen in years. On her way over to Australia, though, she meets Tristan -- a doctor -- and falls for him. I love Hallie's strength and courage. This is a great read, and it even stands up to rereading! Recommended. :)

KNIGHT Miscellany by Gaelen Foley
This is actually a series of books. So far, there are 6:
1. THE DUKE
2. LORD OF FIRE
3. LORD OF ICE
4. LADY OF DESIRE
5. DEVIL TAKES A BRIDE

6. ONE NIGHT OF SIN (** New! I've not read this one, yet! **)
The setting for these books is Regency England -- one of my favorite time periods! I love the romantic suspense, and Ms. Foley never disappoints. I have read almost all of her books published to date, and have loved each and every one. HIGHLY recommended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home