Thursday, December 15, 2005

2005 Reading Overview & New Years' Planning

I've been thinking a lot, lately, about the New Year. It's quickly approaching -- seems like I could blink and it would all-of-a-sudden be February! LOL

I've already made up my Top 10 Reads for 2005 list. Also, while I'm thinking of it, I'll have a NEW website next year! Check it out here!

********************

I've also decided on some READING GOALS for 2006:

** Read ONLY my own books -- except for f2f choices (they're the exception). Library books are NOT allowed, otherwise! I really need to make a dent in my collection, now that it's over 1000 titles long! ;-D

** Read 55 books total (I've cut back my usual goal because I'll be getting a job outside of the home come September 2006).

** Don't buy as many books (no more than 1 a month).

** Continue to review books for BETHANY HOUSE PUBLISHERS and HARPER-COLLINS CANADA.

** Once again keep a book journal (I still need to go out and buy one for next year! I like the little notebooks that come with those stationary gift sets -- the sets that include a notebook/journal, address book, and 2 pencils in a small holder/stand).

********************

I'm up to 54 books so far this year. My goal was set for 60. I don't think I'll make that goal, but I can probably fit in one more, to bring my total to 55. That's about my average, anyway, so I'm okay with that.

It's been a really good reading-year for me! Most of my titles have been rated A or B ("Excellent--Highly recommended!", or "Enjoyable"). Wanna see the list?

My current read is "THE CONSTANT PRINCESS" by Philippa Gregory. I only just started it today, though, so I don't yet have an opinion of it.

Last book finished was "ALL SHE EVER WANTED" by Lynn Austin. Click here to read my review!

My next-up read is scheduled to be "GONE WITH THE WIND" by Margaret Mitchell. It's a group read for The Book Spot group on Yahoo!

Countdown to my birthday: 5 days
Countdown to Christmas: 10 days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home