Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hey there!

Nothing terribly exciting has been happening here, lately, and this is why I've not been posting. It's just been the usual -- reading, taking care of the kids, etc.

I *did* sign myself up to take some Spanish classes! They start at the end of October! I'm really excited about that. :-) It's just basic conversation, but I think it will be a good start to reaching my goal of being fluent some day. :-)

Read some good books, lately, too! See my other blog, Village Cafe, for my reviews!

I just finished reading "SWEETWATER CREEK" by Anne Rivers Siddons. This was an advanced reader copy for HarperCollins Canada's "First Look" program. Excellent book! Highly recommended!

And, I'm now getting back into Gaelen Foley's latest addition to the Knight series, "ONE NIGHT OF SIN". I *LOVE* Gaelen's books! I've read almost all of them now. :-)

Next up will most likely be "A FINE BALANCE" by Rohinton Mistry, as one of my online groups will be discussing it on the 17th.

2 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Elsi said...

OK -- several times I've seen you mention ARCs. I assume that you get them because you publish reviews. Where? & How did you get started?

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger BookCafe said...

Hi, Elsi!
Advanced Reader Copies. I get some from HarperCollins -- their "First Look" program allows you to get the books for free (all they ask is for a review). First Look.
I also get some from Bethany House Publishers (a Christian Publisher).
As far as getting started, I heard of 'First Look' through my online book groups. And, Bethany House was thanks to an online friend who also reviews for them. She put me in touch with the person I needed to talk to about reviewing. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home