Monday, August 08, 2005

Updates: Thin Within & Books

RE: THIN WITHIN

Well, I found a Yahoo! group for
Thin Within support. They're a great bunch! :o) And, as a result, I also got myself an Accountability Partner! (Much needed!)

I think I may just finally -- Lord willing -- have gotten the hang of stopping before stuffing myself! (what TW people call "stopping at 5 on the Hunger Scale")

And, I've lost another 4 lbs, plus 3.5 inches! Praise the Lord! :oD

I'm enjoying doing the lessons ... they really make you dig into the Word, and I'm learning a lot. :o)

I HIGHLY recommend this weight-loss program! If you aren't really into the religious aspect, there's an older book by the same authors called "THIN AGAIN". It's still got a *bit* of the religious aspect to it, but not as much as the newer "THIN WITHIN" book. :o)

<>< ~~ <>< ~~ <>< ~~ <>< ~~ <>< ~~ <>< ~~ <>< ~~ <><


RE: BOOKS

I had to laugh ... Here I said I was excited because I had no library books that I *had* to read (because of due dates), and then that very same day, 2 library books I'd had on request came in for me! LOL. Very funny.

But, it's okay, because they were 2 I've really been looking forward to reading! So, the one I chose to start with is Brennan Manning's "A GLIMPSE OF JESUS: THE STRANGER TO SELF-HATRED". It's amazing. It requires a bit of "brain-power" (as my friend Hollie would say ;P) -- it is not a light, fluffy read! -- but if you stick with it, it's very good! I'm really learning a lot from it. :o)

Next up might be the other book of his that came in: "RUTHLESS TRUST: THE RAGAMUFFIN'S PATH TO GOD". Or, I may dig into the new Bethany House ARC (advanced reader copy) I just got of "A BRIDE MOST BEGRUDGING" by Deeanne Gist. I've been looking forward to reading that, too! :oD


1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Illiah said...

Ooh, I love Brennan Manning. Those are great books. And I've heard about Deanne's book at Faith in Fiction, Bethany House is excited about it. I saw it in a book store, but it didn't do anything for me. But I could re-read the Brennan Manning books twice a week and still learn something.

I just got Manning's The Importance of Being Foolish, which is a re-release of the Gentle Revolutionaries, a book I read in college. Very cool.

Susan, from TW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home