Saturday, June 25, 2005

Update: Possible New Book Club

Well, I went ahead and asked my new pastor and his wife if they would like a Book Club through the church. Actually, I mentioned it in a letter. I was too nervous to ask them in person! LOL.
Anyhoo. They took a few weeks to respond to me, and I was totally worried that they didn't like my idea. I was wrong! They've both approached me, individually, and told me that they LOVE my idea! :-D As it turns out, the pastor, his wife, and son, are all VERY avid readers! :-D
Now I wait some more. They have to run it by the ministry committee, and I'll have to have a meeting with the pastor's wife to talk over my ideas, etc.
I'm so relieved, though, that they're in favor of this! And, get this! The pastor asked me what kinds of books I'd like to do with the group ... Christian books only, he asked? I told him that I'd tried doing solely Christian books with my last church book group, and it failed miserably due to lack of availability. I mentioned how I'd like to do books that aren't labelled "Christian" but that are still free of hugely offensive content, and that have a good message to them. The pastor nodded his head and said he thought that was a great idea -- that we need to read stuff that ruffles a few feathers and challenges us ... this teaches discernment. Can you say *totally cool pastor*???! :D
I'm so thrilled with these people! :P LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home