Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Struggling

I'm still frustrated. I don't know what to do about my family situation. They don't want to bend, and I can't bend right now. Maybe some day, but not right now. Where is there a middle ground?

I wish things could be as they were. I wish that we could just act like all was normal, but that they wouldn't ask for things that I can't give. If they could accept that I am not ready to relinquish that part, then we could all live a bit more peacefully. But, they won't. It's all or nothing, and so I end up choosing "nothing" when I don't really want to. I prefer compromise.

DH put things in an interesting light last night, and so I'm mulling that one over. I'd not seen it like that before. But, I still don't think I could let it go that easily.

Something funny? On Sunday, during our Sunday school class, one of the ladies said something pretty profound...
"All struggle is from a lack of surrender."


...meaning that, we struggle because we've not surrendered control to God. Hmmmm....

I want to. Believe me, I do! I don't like fighting with my family! I don't want broken relationships! I never wanted mistrust! But I don't know how to return things to normal. I can't just say I trust someone when they've given me no reason to do so! I can't. How could *anyone*?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home