Friday, May 05, 2006

TW Support Group

For a while, now, I've wanted to have someone to do the Thin Within program (a Christian weight-loss program) with me. I have my online support group -- and they're wonderful, supportive, encouraging ladies! -- but it's just not the same as having someone face-to-face to share the joys and struggles with.

Not too long ago I got the idea to start up a support group, face-to-face. I made up brochures and handed them out to the ladies at church. And my Introductory / Information Night is this coming Monday (May 8th). :o)

I've been busy planning, making up charts and writing out a plan of attack (so-to-speak). I had originally just intended for it to be a support group, but then someone asked if I was teaching a class, and when I thought about it, I realized that I *am* going to be teaching these ladies! So, it's both. It's a class, but it's also a support group. :o)

Right now there are about 3 ladies who've stated their interest in coming out to the Monday night meeting. And, I'm quite okay with it if only 1 decides to continue on, or if more show up! Either way, at least I'll have someone to do this with ... a sort of "accountability partner". :-)

I'll let you know how the info. night goes! ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home