Saturday, April 23, 2005

Company

Had a great visit with my friend, Debi, this weekend! She came over on Friday, and spent the night here at my house (she lives an hour-and-a-half away).

We talked books, we discussed Bookcrossing, and we looked through my bookshelves. I showed her my Scrapbooks, and she showed me hers. And, I also showed her my Library database. :-)

We watched a movie last night. "Bridget Jones' Diary 2". It was cute. I'd forgotten that there was so much foul-language in it, but it didn't detract much from my enjoyment of the movie. I still found it humorous, and was glad I watched it.

Today Debi and I went Book shopping! I took her to two of my favorite stores ... the goodwill store where they have a room designated as their "library" -- books there are only $0.50 each -- and the Dollar store (I love cheap notebooks and such!). We also visited the local bookstore, but didn't find anything there that we wanted today.

I had a good time. I'm glad Debi could come to visit. It's nice to have friends that understand --truly!-- my obsession with books and reading! Oh! Here's a good example ... At one point, during our visit, Debi and I had been sitting at the kitchen table talking. I got up to do something, and when I came back, Debi was engrossed in her book. I could see that she was on the last page of a chapter, so I kept quiet to let her finish. A few minutes later she shut the book. I asked her, "Did you finish your page?" She said "no". I said, "Well, why not?! Go ahead and finish your chapter! I know it drives *me* crazy if I have to close the book, and I'm not quite finished the chapter!" She laughed, and I could tell that she was thinking the exact same thing. :-D Thank the Lord for friends that just "get it". :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home