Friday, March 24, 2006

Anxiety / Books / Night Out

Well, I've been trying to assess, lately, whether or not I've seen a change in myself because of the anti-anxiety herb & vitamin supplement I've been taking for almost a month now. And, I'm not sure. I *think* I'm a bit more relaxed, and I've not noticed any HUGE anxiety attacks of late, so perhaps they're working! That'd be nice.

I was reading a couple of very interesting blogs, yesterday, about a lady who's about the same age as me, and she has suffered from anxiety attacks, but she's overcome them! See them here: Panic Attacks and Recover From Panic.



I'm getting books in the mail! :D First, I rejoined Doubleday Book Club, so I got my introductory package of 7 books. I decided, though, that I didn't want two of those, after all, so I sent them back in exchange for two I *really* want!... "INKHEART" and "INKSPELL", both by Cornelia Funke. I read INKHEART last year, and it ended up on my Top 10 list for 2005! Excellent, especially if you're a book-lover like me! INKSPELL is the sequel, and I'm dying to read it! :-D

Also, I entered a draw, and was number 9 of 15, so I "won" a copy of Susan May Warren's "EXPECT THE SUNRISE"! It's the 3rd book in her "Team Hope" series! I've only read book 1 so far, but it was great, so I'm looking forward to continuing the series!

And, lastly, I got a surprise Email a couple of days ago! I'd applied, waaaay back when, to be a Freelance Reviewer for RT BOOKclub (Romantic Times), and never heard back from them, so I assumed that I wasn't chosen, and I forgot about it. Then, this week, I got an Email saying that, if I was still interested, they'd like to add me to their list of reviewers! :-D I said, "Sure!", and have already been asked to review "RACHEL'S PRAYER" by Leisha Kelly! I'm thrilled, especially since I've always wanted to try this author! :-D



DH and I will be going out to celebrate our anniversary this Saturday. Our plans are to go to BASKIN ROBBINS for ice cream (DH promised that to me for my birthday, but we ran out of time, so didn't get to go then), and to see a matinée (probably "ULTRAVIOLET"), and to go to RED LOBSTER for dinner! Yum! I'm really looking forward to the whole day!


(03/26) UPDATE: Well, we got out yesterday, but we didn't go to Baskin Robbins, after all, due to our daughter being sick. We didn't leave until later in the afternoon, which meant no time ~~ again ~~ for Baskin Robbins. Oh well.
We did a quick trip to Costco (didn't realize they closed at 6 p.m. so we had all of 10 minutes!), and then we went to Red Lobster, where we waited for about a half-hour to be seated. Dinner was good, as always.
Then we went to the theatre and saw "ULTRAVIOLET", which was not all that great ... should have waited to see that one on DVD. It felt really "fake". :-?
All in all, not a wonderful evening, but not awful either. :-?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home