Wednesday, April 27, 2005

More about books I'm wishing for....

Well, I'm pleased. Last night I got it into my head to take a list of books from my new Amazon wishlist and request that my library order them for their system. Now, I did this knowing that often they will only order one or two of the 10 I ask for (I think there were actually about 10 that I requested last night). :o)

I didn't check the system before requesting all of these. I just naturally assumed they'd not be there.

Today, I was happily surprised to get messages from the library saying that half of the books I requested were "already in the system" -- and holds had been placed! Yay!

Always nice when they surprise me like that! I feel bad for not trusting them to get better books! ;0)

Anyhoo. I'm happy. Now I will get to read several books I've had on my TBR list for a bit now....

CRYSTAL LIES by Melody Carlson
THE DEBT by Angela Hunt
APPROVAL ADDICTION by Joyce Meyer
SOUL TRACKER by Bill Meyers

Again, Yay! :0)

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Elsi said...

My librarian does the same thing. First, she's figured out what type of books I like and she lets me know when there's a new one in that she thinks I might like. Secondly, I give her a list of "soon to be published" books culled from Amazon.com and suggest that if she has money to purchase or lease books, that these are books I am interested in reading.

And, I order a lot of books through InterLibrary Loan. My library charges me for the postage and so it's not expensive at all. The only hitch is that I'm not going to get a best seller via ILL until it's a year or so old. I use ILL to "backfill" when I discover an author I hadn't read before and want to read all his or her earlier books. Jodi Picoult is one that I'm backfilling right now.

Regards,
Elsi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home