Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bye, Squeaky

Today the Wildlife Rescue people came to get our baby squirrel, Squeaky. :*-(

I'd written out a list of pros & cons about keeping him, and unfortunately the "cons" outweighed the "pros" (he was smelly - and our house is too small to find a different place to keep him, we can't afford the bigger cage he'll need, he had fleas, and he was very time-consuming)... And, so he's gone.

I'm trying to stay positive, thinking about the *good* things of him having gone to the WR people... Like, now he'll have other squirrels to grow up with so that he'll learn to act like the animal he is. He's not a pet, after all, so he shouldn't grow up like one. And, they have the bigger cage for him that we couldn't afford to build.

He really *is* in better hands ... and I really didn't have the time or energy to keep caring for him (though, I would've done it anyway, had I had nowhere to send him). I just pray that he stays healthy, and that they can release him back out into the wild. :-?

I already miss him, though. A lot. Much as I know I did a good thing, it still hurts. I keep thinking that it's time to feed him, or that I should go and play with him, but when I look, he's not there. :-(

I'll be okay, eventually. It'll be hard for the first few days, though. :-(

Bye-bye, Squeaky. :*-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home