Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Books I'm Reading - Update

Finished reading Susan May Warren's "FLEE THE NIGHT". Gave it 4/5 stars. Recommended! :-)

<>< ** <>< ** <>< ** <>< ** <>< ** <><

I'm still working my way through "SOUL TRACKER" by Bill Meyers. Last night, I came across a great quote:
p. 32 - "It was true, when it came to books and writing, he gave her plenty of leeway. Particularly with her mother gone. For Emily, reading was a way of affirming her emotions, of discovering what other women thought and felt. And her writing, no matter how emotional or over-the-top, was her way of exploring her own thoughts and feelings."

I liked this. It's very true. Reading is a way to connect with others. To see that you're not alone, after all.
Writing allows one to understand themselves, and to let it all out.

I love to write. To read, too. Both are passions of mine. Reading more so, of course, but I have always been a journaller, too. Sometimes I'll grab some lined paper, and I'll just ramble. It doesn't have to all fit together. I think they call that stream-of-consciousness. It feels good to just write.

Speaking of which, I really should do some more work on my novel-in-progress. :-? I've been slacking off. My reason? Lack of inspiration, or so I say. Could just be plain old laziness, too, though. ;-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home