Saturday, May 07, 2005

Furry House-Guest

Yesterday, while walking home from the bus-stop, some people were standing on the sidewalk, looking at something. Upon coming closer, we saw the little guy ... a baby Squirrel!
I told the 3 adults standing there how I'd rescued a baby squirrel 7 years ago. It had lost its mother, and so I kept it in my hamster-cage for 3 days (fed it, etc) while waiting for the wildlife rescue people to come and get him. I'd named my baby squirrel Chesnut. :-)

These people asked if I still had my cage, and I said yes. So, they suggested that I get it and take this new baby squirrel home to await the wildlife rescuers again. And, this is just what I did. :-)

He's the sweetest little grey squirrel! We've named him Hickory. :o) He loves to eat pieces of apple, and gulped the water we gave him! :P

This morning he's been screeching to get our attention! He's very loud! I feel bad that the poor little guy lost his mama. :-(

We'll be delivering him into the hands of the Wildlife rescuers on Monday. Until then, he's our furry little houseguest. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home