Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Passion ... Obsession?... Ah! Passionate Obession!

I'm continually frustrated by my Biblioholism. All at once, it both thrills me, and frustrates me. One minute, I'm buying new books to add to my collection, and my heart is racing because of my excellent discoveries! The next minute, though, I'm staring at my shelves upon shelves of books and wondering, "How on Earth am I ever going to get all of these read, especially if I keep bringing more in?!" It's a vicious cycle.

But, I can't seem to help myself! I LOVE books!!! I love looking at them, touching them, thinking about them, holding them, smelling them, reading them, immersing myself in them, talking about them, crying over them ... I just love books! They are my passion! :-?

I can sit for hours just staring at the titles on my shelves. Seeing them brings thoughts of either love or hate, if I've read the book, or thoughts of what adventures might lie between the pages of those yet unread. There's the thrill: wondering what I'll get from each book. Will I love it? Hate it? Will it make me laugh? Cry? Will I want to throw it across the room (though, I'd never REALLY do that!), or will I want to talk about it with anyone who has ears to hear me?

Ugh! I'm completely obsessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home