Monday, May 16, 2005

The Scrapping Bug

It's got me again. I'm itching to do more Scrapbooking. What stops me? Lack of supplies. :0(

I *did* get a few the other day. I got three new 12x12 papers, some alphabet stickers, and some Fall/Autumn stickers. I wanted to do some pages about my aforementioned "Furry House-Guest", Hickory, and so I went to the Dollar Store uptown and stocked up.

I've been reading the PAPER CRAFTS magazines. They're all about Scrapbooking. And, they're making me *really* want to Scrapbook! There are such cool ideas in there!

My favorite idea, so far, is to do a card or invitation, that has a "bookmark" tag somehow attached to the front. Some are in pockets, some are just under a ribbon. But, what a great idea! You get a card AND a gift, all in one! :-D

I finally learned how to do the Accordion Albums, too, thanks a June (or, maybe it was May?) issue. The instructions were for how to make an accordion album for Dad for Father's Day. Very cool! I always wanted to know how to make those! And, I'll be sharing that info with my Mom, too, as she also wants to know! :-D

Anyhoo. I have to wait, though, before I can do more on my Scrapbooks. Mom said she might give me a gift card for "Michael's Craft Store" for Christmas this year. And, Dad said he might give DH and I a digital camera! Awesome! Talk about your Scrapbooker's dream-gifts! ;-D

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger BookCafe said...

Today I went to the Dollar Store again. This time I got: a blank-paged journal, 2 12x12 Scrapbook papers, and one set of stickers.

When I got home, I used one of the sheets of paper to cover the journal, and then added the stickers to the front. This will be my SCRAPBOOKING IDEAS Book! :D

Inside I'm copying out all the cool ideas I'm finding in the PAPER CRAFTS Magazines that I've been borrowing from the library.

I just wish I had a digital camera so that I could upload a pic to share! :?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home