Friday, January 27, 2006

Up and Coming

I've been itching, again, to host another Pampered Chef Kitchen Show, so I e-mailed my favorite consultant (who moved away last year), and she'll be hooking me up with someone in my area.

I'm excited! I love getting FREE kitchen tools! And, The Pampered Chef has such GREAT products, too! I use mine every day! (Can you tell I used to be an Independent Kitchen Consultant, myself?) I totally love the products! They make preparing dinners sooo much easier. And, the clean-up is no longer such a problem!

This time around, I'm hoping to get the Small Oval Baker (I just got a new Toaster Oven and those fit PERFECTLY inside it!), and I'd like a new Veggie Peeler, and a new Mini-Scraper/Spatula. I'd also LOVE to get some of their cookbooks! They've got some really awesome recipes!

My show will probably be in March. Maybe February, though. I'm still deciding.




The other day, a friend of mine (who reviews books for a ton of different places) said that one of the places she reviews for is looking for new reviewers. She passed the ad on to me, and I'm thinking I'm going to apply!

I've been reviewing books for both First Look (HarperCollins, Canada) and for Bethany House Publishers and neither of those pay for my reviews (other than the FREE books, and I'm certainly not complaining about that!) But, I'd love to write and get paid for it, ya know? So, this new place does pay -- not a lot, but it's a start -- and I'm thinking I'll give it a go, if they'll hire me. Keep your fingers crossed for me, 'kay? :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home