Thursday, February 09, 2006

News - Feb.09/06

Well, I went to the Allergist yesterday. Didn't find out much. I'm not allergic to latex, thank the Lord! But, I didn't find out what I *am* allergic to, other than Ragweed & Mould, and I've known that since I was 6 yrs old! :-(

The doctor showed me a printout explaining how Milk is bad for humans... I totally didn't believe it! All my life I've heard how milk is a good source of calcium -- it builds bones and prevents osteoporosis -- and other such things. But, the doctor tells me that's all a myth. He wants me to go on a milk-free diet for 2 weeks ... no milk products whatsoever for 2 weeks! Eiy yi yi. :-/

I'm curious about this milk-myths thing. I looked it up and found an interesting (and very disgusting!) article ... click here. It explains all of the reasons why drinking cow's milk (or any OTHER animal's milk) is actually bad for you, and why it's unnatural and impure... It was truly eye-opening! Makes quite a bit of sense, but I'm not quite ready to give up milk for good ... not yet, anyway. After all, I know what hotdogs are made of, and I've not given *those* up, either.
:-?

Anyhoo... I'm still breaking out in the hives. It's gotten so bad that my face is now swelling any time I get really bad. :-o

I'm thinking it's my detergent. I've switched -- washed all of my clothes and sheets and such in a new brand -- so hopefully this will prove to be the source. :-?


On another note, I've finished two books recently:
"Finding Anna" by Christine Schaub (rated: C - average)
"A Third Testament" by Malcolm Muggeridge (rated: B - enjoyable)

Yesterday I started reading Mark Haddon's "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime", and I'm not sure whether I want to continue with it. Already (only several pages in), the foul-language count is fairly high. I can stand some mild use of it, but this one's using the f-word a little too much for my comfort. Not that I don't read books out of my comfort zone, but I *do* maintain *some* standards. :-? Call me a prude, but I can't fill my mind with that garbage. IMHO, it's just not necessary to use that kind of language ... it really isn't. I've gotten by all of my life without resorting to it! :-?

I'm thinking I may pick up my newest Gaelen Foley book, instead: "PRINCESS". It's the second book in the Ascension Trilogy, and it's also the only book of Gaelen's, so far, that I've not read! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home