Saturday, May 28, 2005

Ecstatic!

All of my life ... okay, not ALL... maybe just since I was a teenager ... I've wanted to have my very own Laptop computer. But, with the way our finances have been lately, that wasn't going to become a reality any time soon. :-?

BUT, apparently my DH's workplace is getting new computers, and they were - in turn - getting rid of some of the old hardware. Well, in that pile there just so happened to be ... a Laptop! DH asked if he could bring it home to his wife (that's me!!!), and they agreed to that. So...

...I now own my very own Dell Laptop!!!!!!!!! :-)+)

I've been playing on my new toy ALL day! LOL. I've - of course - transferred my Personal Library database from the main computer over to my laptop, and I've transferred a lot of my Writing files (my novel in progress, my writing tips, etc).

Mainly, my new laptop will be used for my Writing. I can take my computer into a quiet room, away from the munchkins, and I can write to my heart's content! :-)+)

I'm one happy camper! :-D

mizbooks
<><

2 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Andi said...

Congrats on the laptop!! I cracked my laptop screen over a year ago and I've been putting up with it for a long while now. It finally got so ridiculous that I didn't want to get online because I couldn't read through all the cracks. Well, I sucked it up today and bought a new one, and I'm in that inevitable state of shock that comes after spending a hellish amount of money. Pray for my soul. ;o)

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger BookCafe said...

Andi,

Thanks! And congrats on *your* new Laptop! :) Yes, they're terribly expensive when you get them new (hence why I'm so happy that the price was right for mine! LOL), but some day I'd still like to get a brand new one. I've got my eye on a Toshiba ... it's BLUE!!! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home